Amphenol's QSFP (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable) connector, cage and cable assemblies are designed to meet emerging data center and high performance computing application needs for a high density cabling interconnect system capable of delivering aggregate data bandwidths of 40Gb/s and 56 Gb/s and 112 Gb/s. This interconnect system is fully compliant with existing industry standard specifications such as the QSFP MSA and IBTA (InfiniBand Trade Association). The QSFP cables support the bandwidth transmission requirements as defined by IEEE 802.3ba (40 Gb/s) and IEEE 802.3bj (100 Gb/s) and Infiniband QDR ( 4x10 Gb/s per channel) and FDR ( 4x14 Gb/s per channel) and proposed EDR ( 4x28 Gb/s per channel) specifications.
The 38 position SMT mounted edge card connector and the cable assembly's mating printed circuit card has been designed for the higher-bandwidth signal integrity requirements associated with 10Gb/s per channel transmission. The metal EMI cage along with the rugged diecast covers on the cable assembly assure proper EMI shielding effectiveness and termination. Amphenol offers passive cable assemblies that enable the use of a copper based interconnect system for applications with cable lengths up to 6 meters (10G) and 5 meters (14G) and 5 meters (28G). The cage offering also includes a heat sink and mounting clip to address applications where module heat dissipation is required.
- Fully compatible with IEEE802.3ba, IEEE802.3bj and Infiniband QDR & FDR & EDR specifications
- 100 ohm differential impedance system
- Allows for 10Gb/s, 14Gb/s & 28Gb/s per channel transmissions; aggregate bandwidths of 40 Gb/s, 56Gb/s & & 112 Gb/s total bandwidth
- Optimized PCB interface board to minimize crosstalk and insertion loss
- Robust diecast covers for superior EMI shielding effectiveness
- EEPROM for cable signature & system communications
- 30 AWG to 24 AWG copper cable sizes available
- RoHs compliant