Amphenol's external mini-SAS / SATA connector, cage and cable assembly system solution addresses the storage industry's demand for more compact, high-speed serial I/O interfaces that also support evolving signal speed requirements.
Increasing numbers of drives within a system demand additional I/O ports along a card edge, dictating more densely packaged serial I/O solutions. The mini-SAS / SATA I/O system provides a cost-effective, high-speed solution that meets the bandwidth requirements of current and future applications in servers and external storage systems. Amphenol's connectors and cable assemblies meet Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) or Serial ATA (SATA) requirements for mini-multilane external systems thus assuring inter-mateability with standardized port interfaces.
Specifically, Amphenol's mini-SAS / SATA solutions satisfy the applicable requirements of the INCITS T10 SAS 2.0 and SAS 2.1 specification or the SATA-IO Serial ATA specification and conform to the mechanical requirements described in the associated SFF-8086 and SFF-8088 documents. The availability of both mini-SAS and mini-SATA compatible connectors, cages and cable assemblies gives the user the option to choose the most appropriate and cost-effective link for their respective application.
- Ruggedized 26-position cabling interconnect system is SFF-8088 (shielded_external) and SFF-8086 compatible
- Available options support Mini SAS (SAS 2.0 & 2.1) and Mini SATA 4x external I/O requirements
- Cable assembly paddle card design is optimized for signal integrity and mechanical performance
- Low profile "pull-to-release" latching system provides secure connection and allows stacking
- Adaptive, robust EMI Gasket and die-cast backshell assure proper EMI shielding
- Robust cable strain relief system isolates cable termination from mechanical stress
- Reduced backshell protrusion provides short cable exit
- Fully compliant with all SAS and SATA defined keying options
- Controlled wire management and termination process assures consistent high-speed electrical performance
- RoHs compliant